Sunday, February 8, 2015

New Blog for 2015

Since I have changed email addresses since last year, I can't find my old setup so I will begin a new blog.  Today's post will cover 3 days of flyfishing since my last time out on December 24th.  My first outing of the year was Wednesday Feb. 4, then again on Saturday 7th and today, Sunday 8th.  Wednesday was ok for one hour to fish between generations. Three fish that were between 12 and 14 inches, 2 rainbows and one brown.  Saturday was a search day.  No one on the river was catching anything.  I only caught 1 rainbow in the first 14 minutes on the river and that was in the lead for the day amongst us flyfishermen.  Today wasn't much better,  Four fish in 4 hours.  I know I haven't given much detail but all three days were basically the same, several flies were tried and no specific one was working.  I covered a whole lot of water and just couldn't find any spots.  I blame that on the amount of water that has been coming thru the dam for the last six weeks and has changed the riverbed just like it did last year during this time. I took until April for the fish to get acclimated to their new homes.  So maybe it will be deja vu all over again.  Until next time, Pappy

No comments:

Post a Comment