Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Bout the same

 This post is for Saturday, September 9, for the first time in almost 4 months I went back to the Caney late afternoon.  I had ridden by Saturday mid afternoon to check on the fishing conditions, hardly anyone had caught any trout at all.   I got on the water close to 5 o'clock at my usual spot above the steps and started throwing my soft hackle. The first three fish I caught were the same ole yellow bass, the water was still warm, not quite as much as in May but still warmer than normal for September.  I then started fishing mostly the center section and started catching rainbows and browns. I tied on a couple of other flies that have worked in this type of water and did OK with them also.  Today is Tuesday, we are in the after effects of hurricane Irma so hopefully after this dies down the fishing we'll get a little bit better.  It looks like the Corp will be generating 24 hours a day for the next few days to get the lake level back down, maybe after that, I'll just have to wait and see.  Until next time, Pappy

No comments:

Post a Comment