Sunday, September 4, 2016

Fishing for the week ending September 3

 The trout  are still there and biting, but I had two different times  that I fished. Wayne and I fished one morning starting at happy Hollow at 6:15 and fished  until 1030 and had a great morning. I tried a couple of Leach patterns one that was a semi seal that Wayne let me use.  We caught probably 30 fish between us.  After that we took my River Hawke up to the dam and put in at about 1230 and floated back to happy Hollow. We stayed around the ramp and floated a little bit down to the steps and caught several fish.  We floated and fished for the next couple of hours and didn't do any good until a little after 5 o'clock and we were within 1/2 mile of happy Hollow.  We caught probably close to 15 between us and a couple that were over 13 inches long and most all of them were fat.  The other three times that I was on the river we're also good days using soft tackle and a yellowish green scud pattern  .   I spent most of Saturday afternoon tying some new leach patterns and retying some of the older ones that I had.  This is Labor Day weekend so I probably won't be out on the water until late Monday afternoon or probably even Tuesday.  So until next time, Pappy.

No comments:

Post a Comment