Thursday morning I met Wayne at the parking lot and we got in the water about 615. I started above the steps and had a good morning again with my green and my brown soft hackle. The weather was perfect, the fog was there all morning until 845. I worked my flies in the middle and both sides with all three sides producing even some next to the lay down trees over on the right-hand side downstream. I think Wayne had a pretty good morning too. When the generation started we went down to happy Hollow, we should have gone home I don't think we caught but maybe one fish between us.
Friday morning was about the same way I had a good morning, I think I caught a few on some midges in addition to my other stuff. I went to happy Hollow when the generation started and caught several fish down there, I caught a couple of fairly decent sized rainbows. I'm not putting a whole Lotta stuff in these because it seems that every time is about the same, same flies same amount anywhere from 10-15 to maybe 20 or more. I did go this morning Saturday and had a great first hour from about 630 to 730. I probably caught at least 15 with some of the rainbows over 12 and a couple of Brown's that were 11 or 12". I went to happy Hollow and fish for maybe 30 minutes and didn't catch but two and that was right before the water got there. There were a couple of guys that were flyfishing got into a hole and they probably caught 10 or 12 while I was there directly out in front of the canoe get out. I am going to tie up several soft hackles and a few other things and maybe get back out this afternoon. If I do, I will make a post probably on Sunday. Until next time, Pappy.
No comments:
Post a Comment