Saturday, October 15, 2016

Great Month

It has been a month since my last post mainly because the fishing on the Caney stayed pretty much the same.  The fish were still hitting soft hackles and scud type nymphs.  I went to the Madison River in W Montana the latter part of September with the Harston Bros.  The fishing wasn't near as good as it was three years ago but it was a different time of year.  We spent one day in the park hoping to catch a big brown going upstream but that didn't happen.  But, as usual, I used it as a learning experience for the Caney.  I have fished three times since getting back and have started using 20 and 22 size midges and emergers, which I haven't tried in the past.  Also, I am letting my drifts stay drifting a little longer.  I still need to have a more perpendicular casting motion,  working on that.  The numbers have decreased somewhat which makes me and others have to test our ability.  That's fine with me, I think we were all getting a little complacent.  Brett, my use to be next door neighbor is going to be here for a couple of days this week.  I hope to use the River Hawk at least one time while he is here.  I'll report how we do.  Until next time, Pappy


No comments:

Post a Comment