Monday, December 5, 2016

Super Guides

 I went looking for trout three days the week of November 28, two of those days I was wading  and the third day, Friday, I was in my river hawk with a guest and followed along by a super Guide and her kayak.  The first two days were fairly typical, I was on the water for about three hours each time and caught between seven and 14 fish including three decent rainbows and one decent Brown       A couple of months ago I met a lady that had just bought a new kayak.  I told her that I would get back in touch with her towards the end of November and maybe we could go down river together, so we set up a time for Friday, December 2.   In the mean time she had gotten in touch with her friend, arguably the best guide on the Caney to go along with us. We left from the ramp a little after 10 drifted down stream on  The low-water and made it to happy Hollow close to dark around 430.   We had a great day, the weather was almost perfect and the fishing was excellent. I think we all talked enough to be satisfied, they fished the typical way with the dropper system and I fished with my sinking tip line until it got caught up in my trolling motor.   Instead of tying on another leader  I decided to try the floating line method that they were using.   Needless to say, I have a long way to go, but I think the next time that I drift on the low-water I will probably use the floating line the whole way, I need to expand my fishing knowledge.  I am hoping that we can take another trip down the river together before the weather gets too cold .
     I went out this afternoon, Monday, December 5, at the places where I normally wade and had a pretty decent afternoon. There was a misty rain most of the time so that man I pretty much had the river to myself.   I left the river part and went up around the dam and didn't have any luck at all, there was loads of fish that I could see but I just wasn't able to catch any.   Depending on the weather tomorrow I might try to get back out for a little while, I have to go to Nashville probably Wednesday to do some work for some of my kinfolk.   So, until next time, PAPPY

No comments:

Post a Comment