Monday, April 13, 2015

April 7

This post is for April 7.  The weather wasn't very promising, cloudy skies with rain in the forecast.  There was a two hour window to wade between generations and since I only live 20 minutes to the Caney I decided to take a chance on not getting in the storm.  As I figured, there was no one else at the River so I could roam as much as I  wanted to.  It took a few minutes to catch anything, even though they were rising some.  Midges weren't working, BHPT not working, Woolly Bugger not working so I finally tried a fly that has no name to no one but me.  BAM, that's what they were waiting for.  Over the next 30 minutes, I caught 6 nice rainbows and 1 17" Brown, plus a few that I lost as soon as I started stripping. So not a bad day, the rains eventually came later so thanks to all of you that did not visit the Caney today.  Until next time, Pappy

No comments:

Post a Comment