Sunday, April 19, 2015

Nice Saturday morning 4/19/15

  I got a phone call Friday night from my original fishing buddy, Wayne, wanting to meet me early Saturday morning at the Caney since the generation was cut off until 9 a m.  We met in the parking lot and got in the river close to 6:30.  Wayne found his spot and I waded to my area and started throwing my red headed green nymph, after a few casts I was getting hits but couldn't get the hook set I needed.  I then went to another nymph but with a Gamagatsu hook.  What a difference!  After about 2 hours I had netted 32 trout with only 2 or 3 misses.  I did change flies but stuck with the Gama hooks.  My best was a 15' Rainbow and a Brown that was just a little bit shorter.  Wayne also had a good morning catching close to 30.  We use the same technique so that wasn't a surprise.   
Now I have to load up on some more hooks and wait on a generation schedule that is conducive to wading.  Until next time, Pappy.

No comments:

Post a Comment