Tuesday, May 17, 2016
Doubleheader
Monday, May 16, I went to the Caney in the morning from 930 to 1130 and then again in the afternoon from 430 to 6 o'clock. As I got to the steps, I saw that a few fish were rising down below the steps on the far side of the river. I still had a SCUD type fly tied on from the time before, so I used it. I mediately started catching fish and as I walk down they seem to be getting bigger, the first few were small browns like the time before and then I started getting into some larger rainbows, probably for the next hour or so I caught 15 or 20 browns and rainbows and then I hit a dry spell for about 45 minutes and then caught a few more and decided it was time to go home. I got a phone call from Cindy as I was leaving and realize that my phone had gotten wet even through the protector and my phone would not work. So I spent the afternoon trying to get my phone back in working order and finally Monday night it was working again. So I spent the afternoon trying to get my phone back in working order and finally Monday night it was working again. As I said earlier, I got back to the river at around 430 and the fish were still biting several small browns and a few decent size rainbows. As I said earlier, I got back to the river at around 430 and the fish were still biting several small browns and a few decent size rainbows. I've been changed to a red headed south tackle and card by 16 1/2 French brown that took a little while to land but I took a picture and released and he was in fine shape, the picture was on my old phone so the picture wasn't very good. That was the end of a fine day and I hope to go back this afternoon, Tuesday after a doctors appointment, until next time Pappy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment