Friday, May 27, 2016

Finally Friday

 It is the Friday before Memorial day, so I thought I would get out and see if things were still the same . I went for a couple of hours this morning and then about an hour and a half this afternoon. I caught a total of 46, I finally decided to take my counter to see if I have been catching as many as I thought I was.   The bight was still on,  this morning I fish for about a total of 30 yards below the steps and caught 29 mostly small Brown's a few 11 inch browns and a few rainbows.   This afternoon, I couldn't set the hook. I lost five I had of the first eight that I hooked.  I changed from a hare's ear to a pheasant tail and that made most of the difference, I still missed a few but the hook set was a whole lot better.  I caught seven rainbows that were between 11 and 13 inches long, and of course the big one or two got away. I'm going to try to post a picture of the flies that I used today, they are in pretty rough shape so I will have to make a few more. Until next time, Pappy

No comments:

Post a Comment