Wednesday, May 11, 2016
Tuesday May 10
I got to the Caney at about 615 Tuesday morning and right off I knew it was going to be a good morning if the rain would hold off. There were a few fish rising above the steps so that's where I started. On the third cast I started catching and getting several hits. The bad thing was I only caught one and had eight more hits that I couldn't get stripped in. I changed to A soft Hackel number 16 with a Gamagatsu hook and that made a difference I started getting the fish to the net probably five or six and then it happened.I had a heavy tug on my line I set the hook and a huge rainbow started coming towards me and passed me and started up stream, this hasn't happened to me ever on the Caney so I failed to let out any line and guess what he broke off where my tip pit connects own to my leader. I have no idea how exactly big it was the only surfaced one time but it was a big rainbow. I was sick for the next couple three minutes tied own more Tippit and a new fly and got back started caught three more and then the rains came and I decided that was enough for maybe an hour or little more. I am posting this Wednesday morning around 9 o'clock thinking about getting back out but it's real cloudy and it looks like a storm might be coming in so I will let you know if I got out today, until next time, Pappy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment