Friday, May 13, 2016

They're On

 This report is for Thursday, May 12. The fish are there, most of them are small Brown's but you can catch as many as you want to. I started out above the steps throwing again  A soft taco and probably cock Tanner 12 within the first hour and then I move downstream to see if they were anywhere else.  I went below where most of the spin fisherman fish and the trenches not near as deep as it used to be so it's fairly flat so there were quite a few small browns in there are probably caught another 10 or 15 in less than an hour. I then moved to the pass-through where  there has been very little activity over the last couple of months and they were there again, now I'm starting to get into some larger rainbows some were shallow and some were out in the middle.  Probably another 15 or call, I'm swapping between a soft taco and it's good looking number 16 most everything had either some red or orange color to it .   While I was here the guy had that I've seen before had a couple guys with him they were catching some so I swapped to lay off fly I didn't want to catch any while they were there. They moved down to the tree line where I was headed so I asked if it was OK if I fished down in front of them since they had gotten out of their boat and he said yes thanks for being courteous.  He had his two guys thrown across the stream and let it drift, that's the way he and most everybody else fishes down through there. So i did my normal thing thrown down stream and strip and back up and was catching several. I would kind a turnaround every once in a while to see their reaction and  One of his guys had started throwing down strain the same as I was and he started catching some.  My friend Wayne was fishing down around the Bluffs and he came back up where I was and we were both tired enough to be ready to leave.  He had had a good morning. He showed me a picture of a 16 inch brown that was nice. It was about time for the generations start so we both walked out.  In the parking lot I saw another friend that I fished with quite a bit, he had stayed up around the dam and he said he had caught so many he couldn't keep count either so I guess the stockers are all over the place maybe they will stay around and grow a little bit.  Today is Friday the 13th I just now realized so I guess I will stay in and do some stuff around here at the house sun is shining beautifully with a little breeze blowing so it's a beautiful day here in silverpoint, until next time, Pappy.

No comments:

Post a Comment