Wednesday, August 24, 2016

3 Trips or more

 This post will be for three trips, two for wading and the other in my river hawk. I fished with a new friend on my first trip, and to show a small world his dad used to work several years ago with the same company that i did.  We had quite a bit of rain during the morning so I left out late afternoon around 330. In a drizzle and rain I had a good afternoon, I probably called at least 10 Fish and maybe as many as 15. At happy Hollow, three times right before a thunder boom I called three good rainbow between 12 and 15 inches.  My next trip the first good day with low humidity I was on the water for nine hours again and had a great day with close to 20 fish. These great days don't compare with  early spring days of 40 or 50 fish but for 90° summer weather it is pretty good.  I have gotten to where I really enjoy my river hawk, so I have used it several times in the last three weeks and have had fairly good success. I have gotten to where I really enjoy my river hawk, so I have used it several times in the last three weeks and have had fairly good success.   Yesterday was no exception and may have been the best day with my river hawk, I got on the water at about 430 and finished until 730. During that time I caught maybe 10 fish, one  fat rainbow that measured out at 16 inches and another a little bit smaller that Measure 12 inches, it started out a little slow up in the dam area and then picked up and I went down to the places where I usually wade,that is where I caught the big rainbow. Yesterday was probably the last comfortable day with low humidity,  I wont be fishing because tonight is church night.  I am going to try to get back out tomorrow, until next time, Pappy.    P. S.  On my last cast tonight just to straighten out my line, as I was reeling the line in, instead of stripping as usual, I caught a 12" walleye, my first ever there.

No comments:

Post a Comment