Thursday, August 18, 2016

Catching up again

 I have probably been to the Caney at least five times since my last post. I have been three times in my boat and have had decent success on high water around the dam  and lower water at my usual wading places. The rainbows are still there and not as many browns, I have been using dark midges a whole lot more than I have in the last couple of years because they seem to be what the fish are wanting.  This morning, Thursday, I met Wayne at 6:30 to Wade, he stayed up around the dam because there was a threat of thunderstorms and I went on down to the steps.  It's a shame to live 20 minutes from the river on a rainy day and don't even carry a rain jacket. There was a continual rain from the time I started at 6:30 until about 8 o'clock.  The fish responded well to the rain I started with a yellow hare's ear and then switched to a message and both of them caught a 12 and 11 inch rainbow.   I called between eight and 12 fish there and then when the generators started at 9 o'clock we moved to happy Hollow and I continued to use the Midge and a soft Hackle and caught probably 10 fish there.  Getting soaking wet wasn't near as bad since the fish were biting, I am going to try to go again in the morning early for a couple of hours and I will make a report at sometime after that. Until then Pappy.

No comments:

Post a Comment