I finally decided to take the River Hawke out while the generation what's going on. There was a threat of thunderstorms but I was in the mood to fish so I decided to take a chance. I put in at 430 and generation was until 6 o'clock I fished around the dam for 30 minutes or so and Caught a couple of 15 to 16 inch rainbows with in the first 10 minutes and then it slowed down for the next 20 minutes. So I then travel downstream to the Cutthrough and didn't do any good and I came back up around the dam until the generation quit. I caught three or four rainbows and one small brown around the dam and then I move back downstream while the water was still going down . I met up with a couple of guys in kayaks close to the steps from the Long Branch campsite. They had caught maybe one or two fish as I was coming down towards them. Pleasantries were made and one of them asked what I was throwing and then told me that I should tie on a white Wooly Bugger, that they had caught two and had missed a couple and that was the best fly to use. I told them that I had caught some with my soft hackle and would probably stick with it. and the next 10 minutes I had caught six decent size rainbows while they were still trying to catch one. The girl that was kayaking with them just kind of smiled, of course while her friends weren't looking. I think by this time I had caught maybe 12 fish mostly rainbows and decided to move back up around the dam. I caught three or four more before it got time to leave. I may take the river hawk back out this afternoon because our Meeting starts at church Sunday through Wednesday and I won't have a chance to get out in the afternoon. It is too busy and too hot during the day. Until next time, Pappy.
No comments:
Post a Comment